Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Instead of My Playing God

 And and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds, in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 NIV Bible

It wasn't very long ago that I was praying about a situation. In my prayer I asked for God's peace that passes all understanding, so I put my concerns into His very capable hands, instead of my playing God.

It wasn't until that time, that I realized that I go through the motions of trying to play God, without even realizing it! I was asking God to have "this and that" happen in a specific way I desired. 

Who did I think I was kidding? God knows what is best in every situation. I was trying to control the situation and asking Him to only have the outcome I desired. I really had my eyes opened up! The thing I'm concerned about, is that I will become complacent and forget this insight the Lord gave me related to my interactions with Him! I pray He never tires of reminding me, and bringing me back into focus again the same way He reminds me when I start returning to food for comfort, rather than turning to my Lord and Savior in matters of stress, etc.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: