Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Pistachio Ice Cream

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

I picked this Bible Passage, because it called out to me. That's exactly what Jesus did for me. He healed the broken hearted. He healed me of my compulsive overeating and my turning to food in times of stress instead of turning to Him. He showed me that food had become a false god to me. Now I try to put my food, body, stress, and eating into His very capable hands, but there are times when I slip up. Fortunately for me, Christ is very forgiving and refocuses me when that happens. Here's an example:

My grandkids know that I don't eat sweets, because I have Hypoglycemia which can make me cranky at a later point when my sugar levels bottom out. I just find it easier to not have any refined sugar at all. I was at Braum's and my grandsons got milk shakes. The younger of the two got a shake with one of their specialty ice creams: Pistachio Ice Cream. He begged and begged for me to take just a little bite. I did and it was chock full of nuts, my downfall. Once he knew how much I enjoyed it, he begged me to take another bite before he finished off his shake and I did. Oh, my! I know better.

The next time we went to Braums, my younger grandson asked for the Pistachio Milk Shake again, but they were out of this seasonal treat. I was secretly disappointed, because I had been looking forward to another nutty bite of it. The next week, I looked through their showcase of ice creams to see if it was there. Although I appeared to be just window shopping, I had mentally determined that if I found that nutty Pistachio Ice Cream, I would buy a carton for my grandson. Right??? Fortunately for me, there wasn't any more of that ice cream available. Christ showed me that, because of some stressful issues of late, I was being more vulnerable to the temptations that Satan dangles in front of me, when he thinks I might slip up. I'm so glad Christ saves me from myself and my weaknesses, especially when I'm vulnerable. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: