Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Forgetting to Pray

Romans 8: 26 Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 

I know this might sound strange, but I like to say little prayers throughout the day while I'm in the bathroom. It is the time where I am totally by myself and it allows me to make brief prayers about people, situations, heath, etc. I love this time I have with Christ that isn't interrupted by life demands.

I recently took a train trip to visit family and found that I wasn't praying periodically through the day as I normally do. I would say a quick prayer and ask God to heal my praying, only to find that I continued to forget to pray throughout the day. I would use the quiet bathroom time to think about things, but not to turn those situations over to Christ's very capable hands the way I normally do.

Needless to say, when I started forgetting to pray throughout the day, my hunger came back with a vengeance! I felt hungry regardless of what I ate. After much prayerful contemplation, Christ is showing me the direct link between my not praying to turn my daily concerns over to Him and my desire to eat extreme amounts of food again. I not only don't want to go back to the compulsive overeating that used to plague me, but I especially don't want to go back to a haphazard relationship with my Savior. I can't picture my life without His guidance on a daily basis, so I need to be more intentional about making my prayers with Him a priority, even in the bathroom!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: