Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Suddenly Treated Me Like I Was Worthwhile-

Hebrews 10: 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

God is lots more forgiving than I ever was. When I had lost the 80+ pounds, people seemed to be much nicer to me. People in my church, my children's school, and what I call "Hi-Bye" friends, were suddenly much more attentive. They tried to include me in conversations more. They listened to my ideas instead of shunning me because I was overweight.

At first, there was a split second, where I was elated with all the new found attention. It didn't last long, though, because it quickly turned into resentment. I resented all those people who suddenly treated me like I was worthwhile, because I was worthwhile all along! I figured that if they didn't want to be my friend when I was fat, then they didn't deserve to be my friend when I was thin!

There is some logic in my approach, but I'm so glad it's not the approach that God has with me. Jesus doesn't say, "Debbie wasn't being a good Christian last week when she was impatient with her husband, so she doesn't deserve to be My follower, now!" Fortunately for me, God is all-forgiving. He loves me no matter what I do.  I am much more able to forgive others when I'm living my life by the instincts God gives me: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;  Hebrews 10: 16.

Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. If Jesus says this after all the sinful things I've done and the many times I've ignored His requests to share my faith with others, then I have to be much better at forgiving those who suddenly treated me like I was worthwhile. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: