Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Healed My Aching Heart-

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4.

A family member of mine was about to die. I visited the family member in the hospital every day and hated to leave their bedside. I was beside myself and overate, thinking it would console me, but nothing would. When my family member died, I was torn with grief and felt like I would never get over it.

For quite a while, I actively felt the same pain I did when my family member died. After a while, though, the pain didn't feel quite as pungent as it once did. Again, I was beside myself. I was frantically thinking of how much I loved and missed this beloved family member. I mentally went through the the events leading to their passing and again felt the pain. As the pain returned, so did a distorted sense of peace.

I did this for quite a while, before I was open to listening to what God was trying to tell me. When I finally listened to that still small voice inside me that only God gives, I found out that somehow I equated my pain at the loss of the family member as love for the family member. I thought that as long as I still actively felt the pain, I still loved them.

I vacillated between trying to dredge up the pain of their passing and trying to let go. I was no more able to do this on my own than I was able to give up the overeating, because of my grief. When I turned these things over to God, He comforted me as only God can do and healed my aching heart. I found that my love is just as real when I'm not dredging up the pain I felt.

 I don't need to figure out ways to be in constant pain to prove how much I loved my family member and miss them. When I turned this over to God, I was finally able to be reassured by this passage. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: