Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Betrayed-a Double-Whammy!-

1 John 4: 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.

A best friend from my previous high school, introduced me to a boy that lived close to her. We started dating shortly after that, despite my move to a nearby town. He would call and come to town to visit me when he could get a ride. Although we weren't intimate, I opened up and shared my most intimate thoughts and dreams, something you only do with someone you trust. 

My best friend in my current high school, asked her boy friend to take me to the neighboring town to see my boyfriend. I was excited about the opportunity to get to see him, but that didn't last long. When we got to his house, we found that he and my previous friend were in the backseat of a car parked in the driveway. I didn't know exactly what they were doing, but it didn't matter. I felt as if I had been betrayed! Betrayed not only by someone who had been my best friend at one time, but by my boyfriend, as well. It was a double-whammy!

I internalized this and ate to console myself. I figured that there must have been something lacking in me in order for him to choose someone else instead of me. For years after that, I think I distanced myself from relationships with others. I didn't want to be vulnerable enough to be hurt again. It's hard to develop a close personal relationship with others when you are keeping them at arms distance for protection.

It was only through God's grace, that He had me take the risks to care again. God didn't want me to be lonely and isolated in a world where I push everyone else away. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live though Him. 1 John 4: 8-9.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verses.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: