Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

To Follow a Christian Blogger or Not-That is the Question?

That which is altogether just shalt thou follow, that thou mayest live, and inherit the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. Deuteronomy 16:20

To Follow a Christian Blogger or Not-That is the Question?
(I tweaked Shakespeare's quote.) It's easy to believe all Christian bloggers have the same genuine Christian focus as you. I know by experience, because I found out that's not always the case. You'd think I wouldn't be vulnerable to this, in that I wrote a book dedicated to telling readers that some who profess to be Christians, have the potential of leading us astray. You would think I wouldn't falter, but I did.

There was a Christian blogger's posts I clicked on and liked their perspective, so I Followed them. (I plan to omit most tell-tale information, because I don't think it was the blogger's intent to lead others astray.) At first, this blogger would mention inspirational things and sometimes quote the Bible. At a particular point, this blogger started referencing Zen principles in the blog, in connection to making changes in their daily life and routine. After a point, this person left a  link to a Zen site on their Christian Blog. Since Zen strategies are part of Zen Buddhism, I was concerned because the Bible says, “And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.”  Exodus, Chapter 23:13. I don't think God would want us to have Zen links even if they are for life style changes. Additionally, there are many Christian blogsites for simplifying our lives that a person could go to, instead of Zen sites.

This Christian blogger had a couple of posts focused on God creating the world through evolution. When it first crossed my mind that I shouldn't continue to follow this blogger, I didn't want to hurt the blogger's feelings, because I felt a sense of loyalty. Then, I realized that I was more worried about the blogger's feelings than I was about how God felt about me following a blog that had Zen links and posted about evolution. Additionally, this person was listed on my Blog Roll which might lead someone to believe Zen references and a belief in evolution was acceptable. I felt really torn about it, but realized that I need to follow the instincts that God gives me, so I stopped following this blogger. I don't want to be reading things that could have the potential of leading me astray or any of my readers. It's really important that as Christians, we need to be prayerfully open to making sure: That which is altogether just shalt thou follow, that thou mayest live, and inherit the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. Deuteronomy 16:20


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: