Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Humble Pie

And He [God] humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live. Deuteronomy 8:3

Humble Pie is what comes to mind when I read this passage just now. All those times when finances were tight over the years and I had to use powdered milk for the kids to make it until payday, God was teaching me lessons, but did I listen? Probably not!

I would get frantic trying to figure out the budget, recalculating frequently to make sure there would be enough money to pay our bills and buy food. When I was doing all of this, I wasn't trusting God to provide, even though I thought I was. I was more worried about the food instead of turning my financial concerns over to God's very capable hands.

I lost my true focus and couldn't hear the lessons God was showing me about His providing for our needs. Now, I feel truly humbled and am very thankful that God didn't give up on me for ignoring the lessons He continued to show me. He didn't give up on me even when I gave up on myself.

One of the meanings of Humble Pie is apologizing when in an embarrassing situation. Although God could have embarrassed me, He never did, although society certainly did their share. I'm so sorry that I turned to my calculations instead of turning to my Heavenly Father when I should have turned to Him first and foremost. And He [God] humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live. Deuteronomy 8:3

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: