Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Have You Ever Hated Someone So Much That They Made You Sick to Your Stomach?

But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not wither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:11

Have you ever hated someone so much that they made you sick to your stomach? Well, if I'm truly being honest, this has happened at various times in my life. That anger for the way they treated me, left me out of things, put me down, ignored my feelings, etc. got the best of me.

I would be so upset from their treatment that I would feel nauseated and thought I was sick. Of course, my remedy for a sick stomach was to eat a big bowl full of pudding, ice cream, or some other soothing concoction. By the time I realized that the soothing foods didn't calm my stomach, I was really sick for over eating one thing and then another in hopes of calming my stomach down.

Not only was I dealing with the pain of having been treated poorly, but I was dealing with a truly nauseated stomach by that time, and the fear of the extra pounds I knew I was bound to gain from this eating frenzy. What was worse was that I was letting the anger and pain from the experience cloud the Christian I wanted to be. I was walking in darkness by allowing Satan to work a wedge in my relationship with Christ and others around me. 

It only was years later when God took the urge for eating large quantities of food away, He also showed me that the way to deal with the insensitivity of others is to turn that pain over into God's very capable hands. Once I started doing that, my stomach stopped getting sick when people didn't treat me respectfully. Also, I've come to realize that when I have that extremely hungry feeling in the pit of my stomach when I shouldn't be that hungry, there usually are feelings that I need to turn over to Christ to heal. I no longer have to walk in the darkness of anger and hatred when I have Christ, the Light of the World, to lead me. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not wither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:11

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: