Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Standing Fast in the Lord Rather Than Fantacizing Over What I’m Going to Eat Next …

For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 3:8

You would think after having been blessed with an 80+ pound weight loss over 30 years ago, I wouldn't lose my focus on the Lord. Sinful human being that I am, I get caught up in my own world, concerns, etc. and find myself becoming sloppy with my relationship with Christ, which inevitably affects my eating and my body.

When I am turning to Christ in situations of stress, I don’t need great amounts of food to heal my aching heart and self-esteem. He heals and comforts me, despite the trials and tribulations of life. When I find myself starting to fantasize about what I’m going to eat next, I have to re-evaluate my focus. Am I turning to Christ in times of stress or am I starting to focus on food again? Fortunately for me, God brings me to this realization, so that I can stand fast and not drift too far away. For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 3:8

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: