Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I’m In a Holding Pattern and Want Those Extra Pounds Off of Me!

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

My thin jeans didn’t fit today when I thought that they might. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a holding pattern, circling around the airport unable to land. I get impatient and want those extra pounds off of me! I don’t want to be reminded that it took time to put all that weight on, so that I shouldn't expect it to come off in short order.

What I find is that when I get impatient with God for not doing things on my time frame, I am slipping right back into control issues again. I’m trying to tell God what I want Him to do and when. That’s not the Christian I want to be. Maybe this is what He wants me to learn from this.

If I lost the last stubborn pounds too easily, I wouldn't realize the importance I am putting on the thin jeans, on my perception of myself in those jeans, or of expecting God to jump through hoops at my command. What am I thinking?

If all of this is true, and it must be if God’s showing me this, I have let the desire for worldly goals like body size, wearing particular jeans, etc. sneak into my thinking. I’m sure that Satan has to be happy with this. The enemy likes to work in very subtle ways to undermine the relationship a Christian has with Christ. How could I be so gullible to fall into those patterns again?

Fortunately for me, Christ draws my attention back to Him when I’m angry about things like being in a holding pattern. When it says to put on the whole armour of God, it doesn't mean a certain size or type of clothes. It means to be focused on Christ and trying to live as examples of His influence in our lives, so that we aren't vulnerable to the subtle wedge that Satan tries to put in our relationship with God. Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: