Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What's in a Name?

 All the prophets testify of Him, that everyone who believes in Him, receives forgiveness of sins through His Name.  Acts 10:43 NIV Bible 

What's in a Name? One of my earlier memories is being called names, because I was the slow, pudgy girl that the teams picked last. Those names hurt me personally, and effected what I thought about myself for many years. I carried their name calling in my head, as if those names accurately described who I am.

When I got married, I had a new last name. It was like having a married name, could possibly erase all that negative self-talk I had within me all those years from my childhood. The thing is, when I looked to my husband to bolster my self-esteem, I was looking in the wrong place. It wasn't his name that made the difference!

It was when I started turning exclusively to the Name of the Lord God, my self-esteem was healed. Sure, it took some time, but when I would star to slip back into old counter-productive feelings and patterns, Christ would pick me back up and dust me off, and lead me in the way that that I needed to go, and that most definitely didn't include going around licking my wounds from my childhood! He healed me, and showed me that my faith in Jesus as my Lord and Savior was all I needed to heal my aching soul. That's because:  All the prophets testify of Him, that everyone who believes in Him, receives forgiveness of sins through His Name.  Acts 10:43 NIV Bible 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: