Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Just One More Time

 Then Gideon said to God, "Do not be angry with me. Let me just make one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece, but this time make the fleece dry and let the ground be covered with dew." Judges 6:39 NIV Bible

How many times do I test God? How many times do I push my eating program He's shown me, to the limit, wanting Him to save me from myself! There are those times where I feel that compulsion sneaking up on me and I say, "Lord, save me from myself and these overwhelming urges." He does do that, when I ask Him.

On the other hand, How many times do I want to eat what I want to eat, and put blinders over my eyes like they do for horses carrying passengers in the city, so that don't get spooked by what they see going on around them? Well, I'd have to tell you that I've done this more times than I'd like to admit. There are those times when I just want to eat it, and later say, "Oh, I've forgotten what You've shown me. Please take away all my extra weight that I might potentially gain by doing this." 

The thing is, God doesn't want us to try to manipulate Him for our own causes. Sure, He's there to assist us along the way, but it's my impression that He doesn't take kindly to times I'm trying to pretend I've forgotten what's healthy for me and what's not.  At least in the first situation I mentioned in this post, it's honest, open communication with the Lord God, unlike the second situation mentioned. There's a lot in this post for me to be prayerful about!!!




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: