Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

So, Are We Better Than Common Criminals?

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. Remember the prisoners as if chained with them-those who are mistreated-since you yourselves are in the body also. Hebrews 13:2-3

So, are we better than common criminals? The answer is no! It amazes me of how easily we have deluded ourselves to thinking we are better than others by comparison to someone who seems to be in a worse state.  I'm not that heavy, because, at least, I don't weigh as much as so and so!

Yeah, I may have fudged on my taxes some, but at least I'm not as bad as those common criminals in jail. We are reminded through this verse that we are all in the body [of Christ.] It appears to me, that Christ doesn't want us getting high-minded thinking that we are better than them. 

This isn't just saying that we shouldn't think that we are better than others, but to befriend some who look less than desirable, because who knows, for by so doing some have entertained angels. How are we going to have these experiences that Christ puts in our lives if we are too busy judging others?

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: