Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Selling Out

Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. Hebrews 12:14-16

 Unfortunately, I think I've sold out for food more times than I would ever like to remember! I have done deceitful things to get a larger portion of some food that appealed to me. I have lied about what I ate and didn't eat and how much I ate. I have tried to gloss over why the total quantity of some food like pie was far less than should have been and even did this to my kids, who didn't really care what I ate, but I still lied.

What's worse than that, I was not only lied to my children, my spouse, and myself, but I tried to lie to God. Of course, God always knows the truth. I have no idea why I tried to convince Him into believing my lame stories for eating most of the pie and squishing the rest down with my hand, so that it looked like more pie remained than there actually was.

I sold out my Christian ethics and for what???? Food! Fortunately, Christ changed all of that for me when He showed me that food had become a false god to me. I had been turning to food and the comfort it gave me in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to my Lord and Savior for comfort. After showing me this, He showed me how eating, overeating, concealing the overeating, planning my eating, planning my future thinness, etc. were controlling my life and the only way to free myself was to turn my food, body, eating, and stress over to Christ's very capable hands. Once I did, He took over and allowed an 80+ weight loss in which the vast majority of the weight has stayed off for over 30 years. That's all from putting this and all my other shortcomings in Christ's very capable hands. If He can do this for me, He can certainly do the same for you, if you ask Him to and ask Him for the willingness to let Him cure you.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: