Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Beating Yourself Up for Eating Far Too Much-


Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Well, by the time you read this, Thanksgiving will be over. Are you beating yourself up for eating far too much of things that delighted you at the time? I know that I have done that all too many years to count. When I started turning my control, my eating, and my food over to God on a daily basis, I didn't have to beat myself up anymore for not living up to my expectations of what I should have done.

I always go into holidays thinking that I will stay close to the protein and veggies, only to be seduced by enticing treats and special comfort foods. God knows we are weak and are going to be tempted. He knows that our health, weight, and self-esteem are a work in progress, but He never turns His back on us the way we turn our back on ourselves, beating ourselves up because we didn't show more restraint, weren't perfect, didn't live up to our expectations and the list goes on.

I am comforted by this verse, when I look in the mirror and see a work in progress, Romans 5: But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: