Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Ashamed of My Body After Losing the Weight-

2 Corinthians 4:7 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

I spent so much of my life being overweight, even as a child. I just didn't know how to handle it after losing all my weight. I was so torn. There was a part of me that was proud of the weight loss, but there was this part of me that felt ashamed of my body. It seems like a strange thing to feel after having such a blessing from God, but I've read of others who have felt the same thing. 

I had a body riddled with stretch marks, hanging flab, and droopy breasts which altered my image of what I would look like after losing the weight. I don't think I ever wanted to be a model or anything of that nature, but I wanted to look nice in my clothes. I didn't want to feel that people were looking at me because of how overweight I was. I didn't want to worry about which dress would fit for me to wear to church. I didn't want to not be able to do things with my kids, because I was embarrassed about being with other thinner people.

It was a big thing to learn to turn my less than perfect body perceptions over to God. My weight loss was a miracle from God and I was saying, "Hey, God, I asked you to be thin, but that meant that you should take care of my body and droopy body parts, as well." What an ungrateful Christian I have been. 

God has given us, "the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." He allows me to turn my body perceptions over to Him, my fears and anxieties, and my appreciation for all He has done for me. God has allowed me to come to terms with my body, to not be repulsed by its imperfections, to love the person that God wants me to be, instead of always finding flaws and short-comings in myself. Debbie

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

These are other Blogs I Felt Led to Create:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: