Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Pays Attention to the Small Details

Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them. The length of one curtain shall be eight and twenty cubits, and the breadth of one curtain four cubits: and every one of the curtains shall have one measure. Exodus 26: 1-2

I was think about this and other passages today in the Bible where God gives exact measurements and details about how they are supposed to build his tabernacle/temple/church. What amazed me was that God goes to such great detail in explaining what something should look like, what it should measure, what it should be and how it relates to everything in the rest of His description. That might not seem significant to some, but it is pretty amazing to me!

God takes care of the fine details. He did it throughout the Bible, so He does it in our lives today. Sure, I'm not building something as significant as a church, but if  God pays attention to the small details in building, I'm certain that He pays attention to the small details in my life, like my eating and turning to food instead of turning to Him in times of stress. Like, when I'm afraid to share my faith with others. Like, when I'm afraid of future unknown financial situations. Like, when I'm trying to be in control of all these situations.

When Christ took away my urge to eat large amounts of food away, He took care of all the details. He helped show me an eating plan that worked for me. He took the cravings away and healed my self-esteem where I got my reassurance, when struggling, from Him and not from food. If God can take care of all the small details in my life and eating, He doesn't want me to worry about financial situations. He doesn't want me to attempt to be in control of all the things that arise in life. If I'm trying to be in control of these things, I'm not turning to God to be in control. Either that or I'm turning to God and I'm asking Him to help me do this and help me to that, which means I'm trying to be in control and need to be mindful that this needs to change.

 When God went to such great lengths to cover every little detail that these early followers needed to know, don't I think He will take care of the small details in my own life? He has in the past, and I need to remind myself that He will continue to do so if I let Him. Moreover thou shalt make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet: with cherubims of cunning work shalt thou make them. The length of one curtain shall be eight and twenty cubits, and the breadth of one curtain four cubits: and every one of the curtains shall have one measure. Exodus 26: 1-2


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: