Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Crazy Kind of Logic

Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 124:8

I don't what going on, but I have gorged myself twice in one month. That's too big to be a coincidence, so I need to be prayerful why. The first time, I overate at a salad bar for lunch and then ate part of a dinner when I already knew I was too full.

This time, I ordered a big nacho salad that was wonderful. I ate half and packed the rest in a to-go box. On the way home, I tried to eat most of the rest, because I had decided the nacho chips would get limp later and wouldn't taste as good. Was this good logic? Yes and No! Yes, the nacho chips would have gotten limp, but I didn't need to eat the rest of it. I made my stomach sick gorging myself on the rest of the nacho salad so it didn't waste.

This is the crazy kind of logic I used to use before I turned my food, my stress, and my eating over to the very capable hands of Christ. What was wrong? Examining everything, I was taking some fiber daily that has sugar added to it. Maybe that extra sugar was bringing up that old way of thinking. Maybe it was the few extra tastes I had done recently when I tasted an oatmeal from a new recipe to see if it taste right. Maybe it was the big bite of cake I had recently at a birthday party. Maybe I'm getting back into the I's and Me's. I've been dealing with control issues a lot recently. Maybe it's all of these, but I'm not certain. What I do know is that Christ healed me of this crazy kind of logic and eating before and He can do it again. I prayed and prayed this morning asking Christ to heal my body, food, and eating, because I can't. I asked Him to be in control, because I have control issues and have difficulty relinquishing it. I prayed for His healing touch in my life, because I know He can make me the Christian He wants me to be. Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 124:8

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: