Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Saddened to Admit This At My Brother's Funeral

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1 John 5:20

When I was young and was in charge of my siblings while my parents were on an errand, I took advantage of my younger brother. I talked my little brother into getting all the money out of his piggy bank, so we could all go to the movies. Since he was the youngest and the only grandson, he had quite a bit saved in his piggy bank. He would have never thought of this, because he was still too young and innocent and I took advanatage of that, I'm not proud to say.

My generous little brother paid his way into the movies, as well as, my sister's and my way. On top of that, I encourgaged my brother to pay for all our snacks at the movies. The overeater that I am had a wonderful time. I got to try all the candy bars I couldn't usually afford. I ate myself silly.

Of course, there were consequences when we got home, but the most serious consequence is how this situation has impacted my soul. It hurts my soul that I took advantage of my younger brother for worldly things like a movie and candy. It hurts my soul that I would take advantage of him when he was so innocent and trusting. It hurt my soul when I shared this after his funeral, as well. Although I could rationalize that I'm human and it was a childish prank, my actions weren't showing my love for my brother or for God. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1 John 5:20

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: