Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Used to be Taken Advantage of, Somewhat Frequently

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. Luke 6:28

There was a time when I was at my heaviest, where I used to be taken advantage of, somewhat frequently. People asked me to watch their kids, do favors for them, cover for them when they had a duty they couldn't perform, etc.

Now, there's nothing really wrong with doing any of these things. It just depends on the intent of the people making the request. When people are asking you to do these favors, but would never consider offering to do them for you, it's a red light. Did they think that because I was heavy, they could take advantage of me? Did I think that if I did these things for people, they would ignore that I was heavy and would like me despite my weight? I'm not truly sure.

When I started realizing that this had become a somewhat regular pattern in my life, I was angry and resentful at all who had taken advantage of me. Then, someone shared, "In order for someone to walk all over you, you have to lay down first." It took me lots of time to ponder this prayerfully. Did I lay down like a mat and let people walk all over me? Did I encourage that type of behavior from other people in order to have a semblance of friends?

When God had me realize that it was my behavior that allowed and sometimes even encouraged this to happen, I had to turn my poor self-esteem over to God for an overhaul. After seeing my part in all of this, I was more apt to be able to forgive others, and to let God heal my struggling self-esteem. Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. Luke 6:28

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: