Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Healing the Chubby Child Inside of Me...

God is my strength and power: and He maketh my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:33

I was so moved by this that I couldn't wait to get home, so that I could share this with you. I was in church today and there was a little girl about eight or nine years old in front of me. Every now and then, she'd turn around and look at me. Toward the end of the service she started getting a little wiggly in her seat, but that's not what I was focused on.

This young girl was overweight-chubby they used to call it when I was young. All of a sudden, I was thinking of what it was like to be considered a chubby child. It hurt when kids would tease me. They wouldn't choose me to be on their teams. It might not sound like much, but at that age that's a major rejection. There are two captains chosen by the teacher. These chosen captains picked their team one by one in front of the rest of the class. During that time, some like me were secretly pleading, "Pick me. Don't leave me until last to be humiliated in front of the rest of the class," but the team captains did what they deemed to be in the best interest of their team. Often, chubby people like me were left until last.

When I realized why I felt so connected to this girl, I wanted to turn to her and say, "You're beautiful and capable and don't let anyone else tell you differently," but she was getting ready to leave the church and didn't know me. I wanted to hug that child and comfort her for all the things that she may have to endure for being a chubby child. Then, I realized that I really wanted to hug and comfort the chubby child inside of me. The one who feel rejected and humiliated by peers who really meant me no harm. Fortunately, I have Jesus in my life, who has the gentle embrace that can heal and comfort the chubby child inside of me.  God is my strength and power: and He maketh my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:33

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: