Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I May Have Let Pride Get the Best of Me...

 Proverbs 16:18 Pride [goes] before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

This Bible verse seems to be very appropriate, since I'm in the midst of realizing that I may have let pride get the best of me. In my every day world, I wouldn't think so, but I've had two people I care about recently comment that I keep trying to solve their problems rather than listen to them.

How did I get so prideful that I thought I had all the right answers? How did I feel like giving them the benefit of "my golden words of wisdom" would change their lives indefinitely? It's very humbling to think that I've disappointed other people. What really is humbling is that I've disappointed my Lord God, who gave these two the courage to tell me this. 

What I think is, Satan sneaks in when I get too comfortable, and trips me up [the fall]. This could have led to a total tailspin, if I hadn't realized that the most important thing for me to do is listen to the guidance the Lord gives me on this.

I'm saddened that I was so prideful that I didn't realize I was doing this. Fortunately, the Lord will change my focus from being on what I can do for others, to actually being there for others. When I think about it, although it sounds very similar, there is a very significant difference. I've lots to be prayerful about!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: