Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Looking at it with a Different Perspective

 For exaltation comes neither from the east Nor from the west nor from the south. But God is the Judge: He puts down one, And exalts another. Psalm 75:6-7

It's been all too easy for me to get caught up in being frustrated with all those who judge the marginalized of the world. It's gotten to the point that I was angry that anyone could be so insensitive to those who have so many struggles.

Then, one day, God had it on my heart that if I hate the haters [of others], I've become a hater, as well. It's kind of a confusing concept, but simple at the same time. Once I grasped the idea, I realized that I have to turn this over to Christ's very capable hands to show me the way to be the Christian He wants!

I need to be compassionate toward those who are marginalized, but I am also supposed to be compassionate toward those who judge the marginalized. It's not an easy tight rope to walk, but it's doable with Christ leading the way. Basically it all boils down to: I am not supposed to judge anyone for any reason and to remember: God is the Judge, not me!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: