Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Jumping Back into the Old Guilt Mode Again...

For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:7

I realized that my food plan had been sloppy for some time, causing me to regain about a third of  the 80+ pounds that I had lost over 30 years ago. With this realization, I became all too aware that I must have gotten sloppy with my relationship with God, since He's the one who allowed me to lose the weight in the first place.

After praying to be more focused on God's will, trying to turn the food, stress, and control over to God, and watching my portion sizes, God has allowed me to lose almost all that excess weight I had gained back in the last five years or so. It's funny how all those old feelings start creeping back in as I've gone through this process again.

I have found that instead of letting people see that I've lost weight, I have been wearing baggy clothes and jackets. A man was flirtatious when I was in a public place today. I did nothing to encourage such behavior and I had my baggy clothes on. Immediately, I jump back into the old guilt mode again like I did when I first lost the weight 30+ years ago, feeling like I am responsible for his behavior.

God wants balance in my life. He doesn't want me flaunting my weight loss, neither does He want me taking on guilt for someone else's behavior, nor does He want me hiding behind baggy clothes. For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:7

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: