Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Sugar Snuck Up and Had a Hold of Me By the Throat

1 Timothy 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Having Hypoglycemia, I have had many bouts dealing with the effects of sugar on my life, my behavior, and my relationship with others. That's why I go to great lengths to stay away from it, especially things like ice cream which seems to affect me more so than some other things. I don't have a problem from eating fruit, though.

My husband and I went to a cultural presentation at our library on South Korea, since we had visited the country a year and a half ago. They had all types of things to sample. Well, I tried to be wise about it, but I was fooling myself.

I took little bites out of some of the treats, just to see what they were like and gave the rest to my husband to eat. There was this little package of thin South Korean sesame seed crackers. They tasted like Coconut Macaroons, but looked like normal seeded snack crackers. In that they were yummy, I ate about ten of them (the first mistake) and gave the rest to my husband.

The next day, I came home from the grocery store, frantically flitting from one household chore to another. Now, I am apt to normally flit, but there was this level of intensity about it that I don't usually have. Fortunately, my dad noticed and asked me to play a game of dominoes with him. It helped some, but I was up and about doing various things every time we finished a game.

That evening, I frantically got my grandchildren ready to go home and was snippish with their mother over who knows what. She could tell I was acting differently and tried to talk to me about it, but I didn't seem to think anything was the matter. Later, after they went home, I realized my actions were similar to when I used to eat sweets. I tried and tried to think where I had gotten sugar, because I hadn't eaten any obvious sweets, or so I thought. After prayerful soul searching, I remembered those tasty coconut tasting crackers and realized they must have been coated with sugar. I have to watch the little things that can get hold of me by the throat.  1 Timothy 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: