Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Just a Little Fudge?

Romans 6: 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus shows me that if I turn to Him, instead of turning to food when I'm stressed, worried, elated, etc., He will heal me of my obsessions with food. He has shown me time and time again over the 30+ years since He allowed the weight loss and has allowed the vast majority of the weight to stay off despite my wavering from time to time. 

I realize that there are some who would say, "No, you're the one who lost the weight, not God." They would be absolutely wrong! It wasn't until I sat down one day and told Christ I gave up. I had tried so many different diets and couldn't do it. I also told Him that if He wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't! 

I, actually, wasn't praying expecting anything to happen, but was totally amazed when Christ took away my urge for eating great quantities of food, sweets, etc. away that very same day. I was equally surprised when it was gone the next day, the next day, and every day after that as long as I prayed for God to heal my stress, food, body, and eating, which He does.

Now, this might lead you to believe that I never fudge on my eating program. I wish I could say that's true. It seems that there are times where I fall back into old eating patterns, but once I pray and ask Christ to help, He turns me around, dusts me off and sets me off back in the right direction. I don't want to go back to my old ways, not because I don't want to gain all the weight back and I really don't, but it's because I have gotten such a sense of peace that Christ has put in my life to replace the self-loathing. I don't want to take chances to lose that close relationship with Christ. 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: