Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Struggle With This One A Lot

Matthew 6: 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I really struggle with this passage a lot. I guess I'm a Have Your Cake and Eat it Too Christian! I want Christ to forgive me for all my many flaws, trespasses, and vices, but I want to stay angry with those you are rude and insensitive to me. 

This passage reminds me that I can't have it both ways. I can choose to stay angry with people who have wronged me knowing that I might not be forgiven for my many, many trespasses. Or, I can work harder at turning that anger over to Christ, knowing He's already layed the ground work for my forgiveness.

So, just how do you do that? It's easier in some situations, but in others it's down-right hard to let go of the anger! The thing is, when I'm holding on to anger toward anyone, I feel the urge to eat things I don't normally eat and at times that I don't usually eat.  Lately, I've been praying for God to have me be more open to being gracious to others, despite their actions. I also pray when the event happens. It's working, but I need to keep remembering to turn it over to Christ's very capable hands. I can't slip up and forget to add this to my daily prayers each day or I fall back into my old routine.  Matthew 6: 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: