Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Genuinely Divine Grace

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5: 6-8

Christ didn't say, "When Debbie and the rest of the world get their acts together and lead a less worldly life, then, I might consider giving My life for them."

I've told people that I choose to interact only with people who treat me nicely. Christ didn't say that. I knew Him, but ignored Him and turned to food in times of stress, joy, boredom, etc. instead of turning to Him. He never turned His back on me!

It is that genuinely divine grace that baffles and amazes me at the same time. Christ gave His life for me, even though I'm such a sinful human being. So, are all of us, but He is willing to forgive us provided that we ask Him to and acknowledge Him as our Savior.  For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5: 6-8

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: