Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Was Only a Joke

This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15: 12 

I was in a situation where someone who was overweight broke something by accident. It was the second time in a month or so that this is happened. The person in charge made a negative comment to her, but she said it in a joking manner.

After that situation, I remembered how I felt when I was 80+ pounds overweight. I remember how every negative thing people said to me, whether joking or not, hurt to my very soul. I remember letting those negative comments tell me who I was and then I would eat and eat, punishing myself for not being perfect. 

I wanted to reach out to the person who the comment was directed to, but was afraid that if I did so, it would draw even more attention to her. I don't know if she felt badly about the situation. She may have a better sense of self and not have taken the comment personally, but it triggered lots of feelings from my past, especially when I was a chubby child growing up. 

When these things happened in my past, I hated myself and I hated the person who made the comments to me. This Bible verse tells me that I'm supposed to love others as Jesus loves me. Jesus forgives me when I say mean, rude or hateful things, so I need to let go of the past and forgive those who said rude things to me. I pray that the person involved earlier has the Peace Which Passes All Understanding that only Christ can give and doesn't let negative comments, including those said in jest, tell her who she is, because she is truly a child of God.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: