Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hoarding Food

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24

There was a time where I used to hoard food. I think it started when I was little. I saved my decorated hard boiled egg until it spoiled. Yuk! I remember going to the local Creamery where I would get two ice milk cones because they were five cents each instead of paying ten cents for one ice cream cone. I also bought a big bag of candy to flaunt in front of my siblings. God has an interesting sense of humor. I broke my tooth on the first piece of candy and had to give the whole bag of candy I was gloating over to my siblings.

As an adult, I would buy special Pippin Apples just for me, because they were my favorite. As an overweight person, I felt so inadequate in so many ways, but thought I should pamper myself every now and then. I hid food I liked in the back of the refrigerator, so no one else would get it. The list goes on and on until Jesus in His infinite mercy healed me of this and my compulsive overeating.

It was over 30 years ago when I told God that I would never be thin and if He wanted me to be thin, He’d have to do it Himself because I couldn’t. I never really expected that He’d take my compulsive overeating away. I was just giving up, but I think it must have been the first time that I had ever given up control of my eating to God, although I thought I had for years. I was blessed with the loss of 80+ pounds and He has allowed the vast majority of it to stay off all this time.  

Christ freed me from the need to hoard food, from the need to turn to food to heal my aching soul and self-esteem, because it had become a false god in my life. I learned that when I turned these over to God’s very capable hands, my life was less stressful. I had no need to turn to food, because He provided for my every need both physically and emotionally. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: