Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Mindless Munching...

Ephesians 6: 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

It’s time for honesty. I was sitting watching TV and wanted to munch on something, even though I had already had a filling dinner.  At first, I got some frozen pecans, because I love the crunch and it’s protein…right??? Then, I remembered that I had gained ten pounds of weight back when I went on a frozen pecans binge a few months ago. So, after eating over half a cup of pecans, I put them back in the freezer.

I still had the munchies, so I grabbed a bag of tortilla chips. Before I knew it, over half of the bag had been demolished. What was wrong? Hadn't God taken my urge for large quantities of food away from me? What was I doing?

God quenches my fiery darts, when I let Him. Was I letting God heal me of my temptations? I almost had blinders on, focused on wanting something to munch, just for the sake of munching. It amazes me that I could still sit down and eat over a half a bag of chips, but obviously, when I’m not listening to God’s direction, I’m very capable of still doing that. I think it’s times like this that God shows me that I can slip back into old patterns of eating if I don’t focus on turning my life, my eating, and my stress over to Him.

During times like this, it is important for me to have some quiet time with God in my bedroom or read my Bible when I felt like mindless munching. I can’t forget where my strength lies and it’s not of me, it’s from God. Ephesians 6: 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: