Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

No More Elastic

2 Corinthians 4: 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

Although I picked this Bible passage, because it has the word "weight" in it, this passage has much more significance than the literal meaning.  It's true, I don't totally know how heavy I was. I know I was over 200 pounds, because I stopped weighing after that. I could no longer face the numbers on the scale, because I let them tell me who I was as a person.

I know that I had worn my size 18 elastic pants until the point that they were threadbare and there was no more elastic left in the waist band. I had worn them at sizes far greater than the numbers on those pants, because somehow I could make myself feel better by thinking that at least I still wore a size 18, which was not true!

At some point, Christ showed me that food and the focus on having a thin body had become a false god to me, because I was turning to things of this nature rather than turning to Him in times of stress, joy, etc. After many life lessons, Christ allowed me to lose 80 pounds, by putting control in His very capable hands, rather than my trying to be in control of all aspects of my life. I've been very blessed that although I periodically revert to old eating patterns, Christ will show me the error of my ways and will refocus me. 

The thing is, when I get sloppy with my food program, I am quite often being sloppy with my relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I've been very blessed to have the vast majority of the weight stay off for over 30 years, but no amount of weight loss is worth losing my relationship with Christ. More importantly, is maintaining my focus on Christ and His will in my life, not focusing on food, clothes, and being thin,  2 Corinthians 4: 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: