Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Regret My Actions

Colossians 3: 8-10.But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him.  

I had to go to the bank to rectify a banking issue and my husband agreed to meet me there. I had an hour and a forty-five minutes to get back to pick a kiddo up, which seemed like more than enough time. 

You got it. It really wasn't! We waited for one and a half hours. I figured that in ten minutes, I could tell the banker what I needed, sign the paperwork and let my husband finish the transaction, while I went to pick up the kiddo.

Well, it took the whole ten minutes reviewing everything and I had no cush time. I told her that I had to be across town to get a kiddo and couldn't do it now and had to leave. She looked bewildered!

I know she must have felt terrible. I sure did! There's a time when I would have eaten over something like this, but I've been learning how helpful it is for me to say brief prayers in the midst of situations. So, I said a brief prayer for Not Enough Time Grace while I tried to get across town without exceeding any of the speed limits. Fortunately, I got him within minutes of being dismissed. 

I called my husband and asked him to meet me at the bank in a half hour, so we could try to rectify the banking issue together. I got there before he did, and I apologized to her profusely. I tried to explain to the banker that I wasn't upset with her, I was just upset with not having enough time. Not enough time to correct the problem. Not enough time to pick up the kiddo. Not enough time to properly explain why I had to leave the bank quickly, although I tried, but it was using up time! 

Fortunately, the banker was very gracious and understood about not wanting to leave a child stranded after dismissal. We were able to rectify the banking issue and that was good, but what was even better was rectifying the issue with the banker. I had felt badly about that and not having adequate time to explain calmly. 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: