Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Wasn't Wasting Food, Was I???

Matthew 15: 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

It surprises me, when it shouldn't that people ignore the big things they do against God's will, but worry about little things like whether they wash their hands or not before they eat. The reason I shouldn't be surprised is I've done the same thing, but in different ways.

No, I haven't murdered anyone or been unfaithful, but I've done things and rationalized what I was doing in order to minimize it. One of the most agonizing Life Lessons Christ had for me was when I got after my young daughter when she was going to share three green apples with her friends. I got angry with her telling her that there wouldn't be enough for the family if she gave them to her friends. She felt wounded by my anger and returned outside to her friends. It was the realization that Christ gave me that I hadn't wanted those apples for my family. I wanted them for myself, because they were my favorite food! 

When the kids were little, if they didn't eat their food, I would help them clean their plates. I wasn't wasting food, was I? There were even times when they just stopped eating briefly, but I told them they were done, when in reality, I wanted more of whatever food was on their plates. I'm ashamed to say these things, but feel it's important to be honest with blog readers. Fortunately, Christ has healed me from these vices and uses them to help heal others. He can do the same for you, if you let Him!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: