Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Finally Chosen

Acts 22: 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know His will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of His mouth. 15 For thou shalt be His witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 16 And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

I used to hate sports starting in elementary school. They would choose two team leaders who took pride in only choosing the very best of classmates to be on their team. I was generally left as one of the last ones. I felt like they were thinking, "I hope I don't get chubby Debbie on my team." It hurt!!!!

I wasn't chosen to go to the birthday parties often. Fortunately for me, I was oblivious to most of the birthday parties, so it wasn't as painful as it could have been. I'm not a big fan of kids bringing their birthday party invitations to school to hand out to all the "chosen friends"' leaving the others to feel left out, unliked!

In high school sports, it was the same way. I remember people yelling at me if I didn't hit the soccer ball to the desired place or it hit the net. It was similar with badminton and other group sports. The only time I enjoyed a sport was when they had "Flex Days" and a good friend and I would count how many times we could hit the birdie over the badminton net. These experiences have left me reluctant today to enter into any type of physical activity where I feel I might receive a less than supportive response for imperfection. Fortunately for me, I have been chosen by God and He picks me for His team and He's chosen you, too! 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: