Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Third Part of an Alternate Snack Plan When We Go Visit My Dad

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the might hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time; 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

We go visit my dad every week in a nice veteran's home. He is there, because of his frequent falls and his frequent bouts of pneumonia, since his doctor said he needed skilled nursing 24/7. Because the veteran's home is an hour away, we generally stay the night at a reasonable local hotel and visit him again the next day. The thing is, continued eating out was making it so my pants didn't fit well, nor did it blend in well with our goal to eat in a more healthy manner as we age. 

After being prayerful about this, we made several changes. The changes with our dinners is two posts prior to this and our changes with lunch is the post before this one. This post is going to focus more on the changes we made with snacks.

At first, I thought I was making wise snack choices. I would bring a large bag of organic lightly salted popcorn with only 130 calories per 3 cups. If that's all you ate, it wouldn't be bad at all, but that wasn't the case. It turned out that I was eating most of the bag while I was watching the TV in the hotel. The accumulated salt in several 3 cup servings was more than I should have and even though it had reasonable calories, it was adding up by eating most of the bag and my pants weren't fitting very well.

After being prayerful about changes we need to make, we decided to bring apples to snack on the way up to see Dad and the way back home. We also pack cottage cheese and fruit cocktail in it's own juice for an evening snack, since I needed more calcium due to Osteoporosis. Sometimes, we bring our own cut up fruit. It just depends on what we have handy and our timing. These changes helped us to feel full and not be doing mindless eating while we went to go see Dad each week. Since we all have situations where we have to eat elsewhere, maybe some of these changes may be worth contemplating. 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: