Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Mindful of the Eating Mistakes I've Been Making

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14: 27

I've been trying to be mindful of the eating mistakes I've been making that have recently caught up with me. Christ allowed me to loose 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off for 30+ years. My eating program has gradually gotten sloppy, which means my relationship with Christ has gotten sloppy, as well.

In prayerful contemplation of this, I'm trying to become more aware of things that may have contributed to this. I had read several articles and books that said eating nuts and sunflower seeds were foods to keep healthy. So, did I do that in reason? The extra 13 pounds I've recently gained lets me know the honest answer. Yes, these foods are healthy, but I recently read something that says you are to have up to 2 Tablespoons of nuts daily, not half a cup. The same is true of the sunflower seeds. To be honest, I think I was using a 1/3 to 1/2 cup of both each day. 

So, although I haven't been eating sweets, eating excessive amounts of nuts and seeds adds up over time. Of course, there are many more poor choices I made along with these, like going to 3 different buffets within a week, that contributed to the 13 pounds I gained. That, in addition to the 10 pounds I have been toying with for years, means 23 pounds I have added by being sloppy with my food program. 

Again, the weight gain isn't as devastating as knowing that I realized I had gotten sloppy with my relationship with my Savior. I found 30+ years ago, when I turned my food, body, and eating over to Christ's very capable hands, I was filled with total sense of calm. I don't want to lose this calm feeling, but I especially want my relationship with Christ to be a priority in my life, not something I take for granted. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14: 27

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: