Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Didn't Say Whosoever Is Skinny and...

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21 

God didn't say that whosoever is skinny and shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. God didn't say that whosoever is beautiful and shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. God didn't say that whosoever is skinny and shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. God didn't say that whosoever is has trendy clothes and shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. God didn't say that whosoever is friends with the elite and shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. God didn't say that whosoever has the latest technology and shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. You get the idea...

So, why do I always feel so inadequate? I've been very blessed that God's allowed me to loose 80 pounds and keep the majority of it off over 30+ years. I didn't do it, in and of myself. It didn't happen until I prayed and asked God to take care of my food, body, and eating and my willingness to let Him take care of it. I had prayed for God to take the weight off for years prior to this, so why was it different this time?

Well, I don't really know, but I think it's because I had an issue with trying to be in control of all aspects of my life, because I couldn't control my food body and eating, although I tried. Christ showed me that the things that I longed for in the first full paragraph, weren't what He wanted of me. He wanted me to turn to Him instead of turning to food and instead of making my goal a thin body, nice clothes, friends, etc. my goal. Once I turned my control over to Christ's very capable hands, everything started falling into place. The things I longed for in the first paragraph no longer mattered, because my relationship with Christ is what really mattered. When I was focused on that and turned to Christ when I was stressed instead of turning to food, everything started falling into place. 

Do I slip sometimes? Yes, that's why I try to share my shortcomings and times I'm tempted and slip with you. The thing is, every time Christ shows me that I'm making food a priority again, He picks me back up and dusts me off, focused in His direction again. If He can do that for me, He can certainly do that for you, too, if you let Him! And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21 


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: