Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Fortunately, God Gave Me a Questioning Nature-

1 John 5: 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life: and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

My previous husband, took me over to visit a couple who had been good friends of his from high school. They were very devout in their faith, which was different from mine. They started questioning me about my faith in God. As they did this, they quoted Bible verses to support theirs was the one true church. Their belief acknowledged Jesus, but not in the same way that most Christians do. They felt Jesus was a prophet, teacher, good man, but they didn't focus on Him as the Son of God who died and arose to save us from our sins.

I should have been stronger, but I wasn't. They quoted Bible verse after Bible verse to demonstrate how all my beliefs were against God's will, and their church was right. After a while, I found myself doubting my own faith. I left their house befuddled, and wondering if I had been wrong about Jesus and my faith all these years.

Fortunately for me, God gave me a questioning nature. I went home and instead of overeating over the stress I felt, I looked up the Bible verses they quoted, because what they said just didn't ring true. When I looked them up, I consistently found the same thing. If  I read the quoted verses by themselves, they might sound like they supported the points they made about their church. When I read a few verses before and after the quoted verses, I found the quoted verses didn't even have anything to do with the topics they discussed. Time after time, I found their points to be invalid.

It's pretty scary to think I could become so vulnerable to people using verses out of context in order to convince me to go to their church. There still are many Christian sounding churches that do this to convince others that their church is the right one. It's vitally important to your salvation to have a questioning nature to not be confused by verses people quote to you. Always read several verses before and after the verses you are checking and be prayerful about them. 1 John 5: 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life: and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verses.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: