Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Pudding Thief-

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

My overeating goes way back. I remember being about seven and looking from the front porch into the kitchen and seeing a big bowl of butterscotch pudding sitting on the table to cool. Looking around and seeing no one around, I snuck into the kitchen to see if I could skim some off the top.

I felt so sly, gently grazing the top of the pudding with my pudgy little finger, so no one would be the wiser. Boy, was I wrong! Somehow, someone saw me and pointed out my indiscretion. As is understandable, I had a consequence for my actions. What I didn't understand is that they threw the whole bowl of butterscotch pudding out. All I could think of, with the mind of a young overeater, was that if I had known they were going to throw the pudding out, I would have eaten lots more of that yummy pudding, which would have made my consequence much more worthwhile.

Food has been one of my major vices since I was very young. I didn't realize then that it worked a subtle wedge in my relationship with God, my family, and my self-esteem. Jesus has since shown me that He can cure me from all of this if I turn all my food, my body, eating, and control over to Him on a daily basis, praying for this each and every time I eat anything.  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 1 John 2:1

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

These are Posts I Felt Led to Create:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: