Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses-Is This a Wake Up Call?-

2 Corinthians 9: And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Why is a 25 pound weight gain acceptable and 27 isn't? That's a good question. It's kind of funny, for years I've been O.K. with the idea that I had gained 25 of the 80 pounds back that God had me lose. Even funnier, in contrast, is the fact that I panicked once I realized I had gained 27 pounds back.

I guess I ran out of ways to rationalize gaining the extra weight back. At first, I told myself that I had gained some weight back because I probably was too thin at 80 pounds less. Then, as time went by, I figured it was normal to gain some weight back as I aged, because of all that I've read over the years. I would get concerned when I saw that I had regained 25 pounds. I would try to refocus on the program that God had given me, and tried not to be so sloppy with my relationship with Him and my food.

Well, this has been going on for a number of years. When I saw that I had gained 27 pounds, it was a wake up call. I couldn't use those old excuses to rationalize things any more. I was unhappy about the weight gain, but more than that, I thought it was indicative of what my relationship with God had become.

Tried as I might, I wasn't able to lose the weight as easily as I had in the past. But the key word in that sentence is "I," which means I had gone back to being to "I" focused. I was asking God to help "Me" instead of turning my vice and my control over to Him. You would think I would have learned after all this time, but obviously I needed a wake up call.

Actually, I am pleased, in a strange sort of way, about gaining the 27 pounds back. It has allowed me to really see how sloppy my relationship with God has become: becoming distracted as I'm reading the Bible and racing through my daily prayers. God wants more from me and deserves it. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

These are Blogs I Felt Led to Create:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: