Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Con Myself about Buffets, Potlucks, and Holiday Dinners-

Romans 6: 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

With a title like Trying to Con Myself about Buffets, Potlucks, and Holiday Dinners, it probably brings a lot to mind if you've ever been an overeater. Even though, God has blessed me by losing my weight and keeping the majority of it off, Satan still tries to work a subtle wedge in my relationship with God through my food. Even though I have a food program that works for me, I am still consumed by those old compulsions when I go to buffets, potlucks, and holiday dinners.

I still find myself rationalizing my actions, thinking that the dishes there are ones I rarely will get a chance to eat for a long time, are my favorites, look enticing, etc. Who am I trying to fool. God knows the truth, although I do a pretty good job of trying to con myself. I rarely leave these without being stuffed, and in hindsight realize that I "woulda, shoulda, coulda," something else. 

The thing is, I feel that God has used my weight loss as a means for sharing my faith with others. When I'm overeating and exhibiting compulsive behavior, I'm not being a good example of how God works in my life.  When my relationship with God isn't sloppy, I am less likely to let my food program be sloppy, and am less likely to be compulsive in these situations.

This is a big eye opener for me. Since I've been writing this blog, I've been trying not to be so sloppy, but went to a buffet recently. I found that my portion control was not aligned with what God has shown me. I ate all my "breads" for the day and then some, even though I didn't eat any sweets. It reminds me that my compulsive behavior sneaks back, in situations like this. I need to either limit how often I go to these places or really make sure I'm focused on letting God guide my food decisions which affect my relationship with God, my family, and myself. Debbie  Romans 6: 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: