Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Since I'm Forgiven, Should I Gorge Myself at Buffets?

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace, God forbid. Romans 7:14-15

There were some who felt that because they were Christian and are forgiven, they could go ahead and make worldly choices and disregard Christ's wishes on those matters. Do I do the same thing with my eating?

Do I say, "God, you've healed me from my compulsive overeating and continue to help me through times when I'm tempted. I think that since I know you'll do that, I may as well stop worrying about trying to eat healthy at the buffet and really enjoy myself and eat all the special treats I always do without."

Well, God doesn't want us deliberately sinning, because we know we are forgiven by the grace of God, nor does He want us gorging on foods, either. Are they both sins? Well, they might be if we are deliberately disregarding God's wishes on these matters and taking advantage of Christ's forgiving nature.  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace, God forbid. Romans 7:14-15

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: