Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Got Caught Up in the Vanity Mode Again...

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.

I haven't had to deal with this frustration for a number of years, mostly because I eluded myself into thinking that my gradual weight gain was only a normal process of life. Now, I have been trying to be more focused on eating the way that God has intended me to eat, "denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,"  because food is one of my bigger vices. I have secretly thought that I'm doing pretty well, although I haven't weighed lately. It sure didn't take me long to slip back into the "Vanity Mode".

Boy, was I in for a rude awakening! My husband suggested we go use the exercise equipment. I walked a mile on the treadmill, but my feet were getting tired and my husband wanted to walk further. So, I decided to get on the exercise bicycle. The electronic display on the exercise bicycle said a weight that was almost as much as when I started trying to refocus my eating.

 I just knew it had to be wrong! I tried to figure out what it could be. I thought about the cell phone mini purse I had slung across my shoulders. I took it off and put it on the handle bars and started the program again, so it could correctly calculate my weight. Lo and behold, it said the exact same weight. That couldn't be right. I've spent the last month or so trying to focus on turning my feelings and concerns over to God and watching portion size. Well, that is except for last night when I had snack crackers as one of my three breads or the night before when I had potato chips as one of my three breads.

I even had my husband hold the cell phone mini purse, but the bicycle still registered the same weight. I was so frustrated that I suggested that we go out to lunch on the way home. When my husband hesitated, I told him that we could go home and I could make a sandwich on our light bread, instead. That way, if he said we should go out to eat, it would be all his fault for saying he wanted to go there. I had to support what my husband wanted to do. Right???

Well, he said that he'd prefer to have the sandwich at home on the light bread. There went my opportunity to drown my sorrows by eating at my favorite restaurant. Then it all came back to me. I used to feel this way, at times, when I first started losing weight.  I have to remember that just like then, I need to turn my frustration, pain, and disappointment over to God, who can heal all these, so I'm less apt to eat over them. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: